Thursday 17 January 2008

Ravelry Invitation

Yippee..only had to wait 11 days for my invitation to join Ravelry! Still finding my way around but just love everything I've seen so far. Already used it to decide my next project, I need something to take on holiday next week as well as the socks I'll start in Cherry Tree Hill - Earth. I've chosen the free pattern for Branching Out lace scarf which I'll do in beautiful Berry Red Wool and Mulberry Silk from Knitting4fun (this was some stash enhancement shopping my friend Marylyn did for me when she went to Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show in November...what a good friend, I know she would have loved to hide it in her own stash really!)

So that's me sorted for two weeks in Spain, will probably get plenty of opportunity to knit as we are going with my elderly parents-in-law, they have at last admitted that at 85 and 87 they are not quite up to going away on their own anymore after having done so twice a year for the last 13 years. We're taking one small mobility scooter and hiring another when we get there and also a car. They will be celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary while we are away too.

Just before Christmas I ordered The Knitter's Almanack by Elizabeth Zimmermann from an Amazon marketplace dealer. My package arrived speedily but I was surprised to find that inside was Miss Vera's Cross-Dressing For Success by Miss Vera!! Now the V and Z of the author's names may have meant they were near each other on the shelf but I rather think someone was having a laugh! It was all sorted with a couple of swift emails and I had my Christmas reading in good time. I've ordered Kate Jacob's Friday Night Knitting club for my hols so do wonder what will arrive!

Still can't manage to add my last UFO photo so that will have to wait, will try again later with perhaps also a shot of Mum and Dad trundling along the front at Benalmadena on their scooters!

2 comments:

Cinders said...

Hi, thankyou for your lovely message on my blog and welcome to blogworld!
I love that fox cushion cover. I cant embroider or sew. I tried cross stitich, but it didnt grab me like knitting does.
having your in-laws whizzing along in Benalmadena sounds fun!? You'll have to let me know how you managed the scooter on the plane/airports etc. its something I've not done yet.

Modelwidow said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog, you are very kind.
I was just admiring your 2 ply (2 ply !!!) baby blanket, it's beautiful - but I think I'll be sticking to 4ply or DK myself, that must have taken forever.