Tuesday 8 January 2008

Not as dim as I thought!






I managed to get my lace started at the second attempt, it wasn't the casting on that was so much of a problem as the next few rows. When I realised I wasn't reading the pattern properly it all became clear! I'm doing Leaf Lace in the most scrummy pale turquoise Artesano Alpaca. No photos of it just yet but I have been busy with the camera and am about to see if I'm any better at putting photos on here than I am at links...I failed dismally with the one I tried to do to Mazaam but seeing as she commented on my last post there is a way to visit her.


I love reading the Knitting Daily emails and the New Year message from Sandi Wiseheart about knitting fearlessly in 2008 was brilliant. There were so many comments from readers and I agreed with all of them and I'm really going to knit and post fearlessly this year!


Thinking about the knitting I've done over the years brought to mind my most favourite project, this 2 ply blanket for my first baby. It took quite a long time to complete but was ready in good time for March 1973. It was used for all four babies and now by my grandchildren in the dolls pram, so I fished it out and here it is!

The yarn was something very inexpensive on a cone and worked on very fine needles in triangles that were grafted together. I remember being told off for knitting it when I was in hospital with pre-eclampsia because I was supposed to be resting!

Seeing as I'm being fearless I'm going to show photos of all my UFOs. These are embroideries of one sort or another, any knitting I got stuck with was usually finished for me by my Mum or Mum-in-law.



This was going to be a cushion cover, a rather random arrangement using iron-on transfers worked in silks and started in 1971.



Another cushion cover...William Morris Fox in wool started in 1996. I really love this and having another look at it has made me wonder about getting on with it, doesn't give me the same itch as knitting though.

There's one more photo but I've wasted so many hours trying to do this on my laptop, finding that moving pics from the top where they appear into place is virtually impossible..don't know why. This is the third attempt at this post having given up at 12.45am on the first. Working on our home pc instead was easy peasy and I was just about to download the last photo when the wretched thing crashed to oblivion, so I'm back on my laptop...thank goodness for the auto draft saver!

I have to smile when I look at the title of this post, believe me I now feel dimmer than dim! If it wasn't for my fearless pledge I would have deleted my whole blogging blog in the early hours of this morning!

Somebody please tell me it gets easier.






No comments: