Saturday 12 July 2008

Home Sweet Home


Safely home from our holiday in France...certainly a holiday with a difference for me!


Euro Disney and Centre Parcs were wonderful but I was poorly for the first five of the ten day holiday. A nasty tummy thing which started the very first evening in Dover..scary that, knowing we had the ferry crossing and a three hour drive across France the next morning. I managed better than expected but spent the next four days in bed, venturing out to Disney for a few hours but soon scuttling back to my bed via the shuttle bus. Had I felt better I would have queued up to get a photo of Winnie the Pooh holding my sock as it was I just managed to hold it myself infront of the Fairy Princess Castle!
Once I was feeling better I just loved Centre Parcs near Paris at Le Lac d'Ailette new this year, lovely two storey cottages in a lake setting rather than the forest setting we're used to here. As usual bikes were the only form of transport and we loved cycling everywhere...in fact we loved it so much that today we've bought a couple of bikes for us to take out to local country parks and cycle paths, definitely won't be using them on roads!
It was so good spending time with our grandchildren and I really loved being with my daughter as we usually only see each other every few weeks and I miss her lots. I'm not going to risk any more photos as I get myself in a bit of a mess when I'm using my laptop and our home pc is out of action...again!

3 comments:

Cinders said...

Hi , Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Glad you enjoyed your holiday to France. we love france we've been 5 times to diff parts. What did you think of Disneyland? we went 9 years ago and wernt overly impressed we prefered legoland.
Is my link on the pictures of my Etsy shop not working? I tested it and it was O.K?
If you cant link to me try
ruthmel1.etsy.com that should do it.
let me know

mazzam again said...

Lovely picture! It was great to see you again after all our lovely hols.

Modelwidow said...

What a shame about the first part of your holiday - glad you managed to enjoy it in the end though. Have fun with your bikes.